- café attendant or barista
- bar attendant, food and beverage attendant or waiter/waitress
- catering assistant or function attendant
- front office assistant or front desk receptionist
- porter or room attendant.
In this industry, young workers often work in casual or part-time positions, late nights, public holidays and weekends.
of work-related injuries in this industry happened to young workers.
Top incident causing injuries were from:
Other hazardous areas to look out for:
Working in hot conditons
Violence and aggression
Source: WorkCover WA (2020). Workers’ compensation Western Australian claims data 2014-15 to 2018-19
Note: Calculation based on a five-year total from 2014 -15 to 2018-19. Based on the percentage of all incidents, the combination of all injuries is not equal to 100%
Injuries are measured by number of LTI/Ds (1+days/shifts lost)
SmartMove hospitality industry is classified under ANZSIC 2006 – Subdivision and groups 44, 4511, 4513